Feb 2, 2019
At NextHealth in LA, Ben Greenfield
recently gave a talk on 12 different ways to optimize your body and
brain, and in this recording, which includes his comprehensive
overview of the "Wellness Wheel".
In it, you'll learn about...
-Diet and Micronutrients...6:30
- Every person should be on the diet that is unique to them
- Genetic variants
- Familial hypercholesterolemia
- Gallbladder, liver issues prevent proper digestion
- Common similarities in blue zones
- Plant intake
- Glycemic variability
- Parasympathetically driven state
- Choose meals that are digestible and nutrient-dense
- Weston A. Price diet
- Question: How far back in your lineage do you go to
determine what diet is appropriate for you?
- Question: How do you test for a leaky gut, and how do you
go about fixing it?
-Exercise and movement...18:25
- Physiological triggers that make up the ideal exercise protocol
- Max oxygen utilization: vo2 max
- Lactic acid tolerance
- Question: What's the best way to recover from your workout
while in a fasted state?
- Question: What about the super slow approach to working
- Common rules
- Keep room cold
- Wear as few clothes as possible
- Wear socks
- Silence or white noise
- Keep room dark
- Bluelight blocking glasses
- Use red light
- Uncommon rules
- Exposure to natural blue light early in the day
- Question: How do you increase your REM sleep if it's
on the low side?
- Question: What are the benefits of waking up when the sun
rises for your circadian rhythm?
- Health of your vagus nerve is paramount
- How increase vagus nerve health?
- Question: Is there correlation between singing and fat
- Question: How do you address a consistently low
- Things like nootropics, psilocybin, etc. can decrease your
sensitivity to dopamine and serotonin
- Constant stimulation is like robbing Peter to pay Paul
- A dependence on "smart drugs" is harmful in the long run
- Question: What "brain hacks" exist to help in a
hyper-stressful environment like living in a big city?
- Proper breath work
- David Delight Mind Alive
- FOMO (fear of missing out) can cause you to overtrain and
hormonally deplete yourself
- Equip yourself with the ability to make your body better with
the absence of food or exercise
- Breath work
- Time with family
- A "cheat day" becomes a "cheat month"
- Christian Gratitude Journal
- Question: What did you do to repair your thyroid?
-Stress and Inflammation...1:02:35
- Breath work (already mentioned)
- Vegetable oils are deleterious; ingest with caution
- Oils with high heat lose their efficacy
- Question: What do you think of deuterium content in foods
-Immunity and Cancer...1:08:51
- Be aware of lymphatic flow and lymph fluid
- Kundalini breathwork
- Standing at work
- Dr. John Douillard
- Light bulb moment for me:
- Former basketball player who now has cancer
- Cancer tied to emotions
- Peace, Love, Joy
- Ruthlessly eliminate hurry from my life
- Question: What do you think of exposure to dirt as it
pertains to immunity?
- Three things you should do every day:
- Pooping (and enemas)
-Aesthetics, symmetry, beauty...1:18:35
- Affects your longevity and health
- Weston A. Price discovered Activation X
- 5 characteristics that overlap "blue zones"
- No smoking
- Low level physical activity throughout the day
- Community, social relationships, time with family
- High wild plant intake
- High legume intake
-And much more...
-Click here to save $500 off the
MRI/Whole Genome Sequencing from Next Health
-Ben's previous podcast episode with
Dr. Darshan Shah
-Kion Berry Aminos Building blocks for muscle
recovery, reduced cravings, better cognition, immunity, and more.
New berry flavor. Same proven formula.
-Organifi Pain-soothing herbs, antioxidants,
& phyto-nutrients all in one delicious, soothing “Golden Milk”.
Use discount code "greenfield" and get 20% off your entire
-Butcher Box By ordering from ButcherBox you'll
get 100% grass-fed and grass-finished beef, free range organic
chicken, and heritage breed pork, raised free from antibiotic and
hormones—it's truly a mouth-altering experience. You’ll also
get our uncured bacon that’s free from added sugar and nitrates.
Plus $20 Off and FREE shipping!
-Policy Genius The easy, stress-free way to compare
and buy insurance.
Got a question for me about anything I talked about in this
episode? Leave your comment below and I'll reply!