Sep 22, 2014
A few weeks ago, my friend Yuri Elkaim (pictured above) published a book. Yuri is a bit of an outlier and renegade in the nutrition and health community. His mission is to empower everyday men and women with proper nutrition and health wisdom so they can take better control of their own health.
He also holds High Honors degree in Physical Education and Health/Kinesiology from the University of Toronto, is a former professional soccer player, and for 7 seasons acted as the strength & conditioning/nutrition coach for the nationally ranked men's soccer program at the University of Toronto. Some refer to him as the "health whisperer" for being to get to the heart of what matters and produce amazing health, weight loss, and fitness results where there seemed little hope.
I interview Yuri in today's podcast, and in this episode, we talk about protein digestibility, enzyme exhaustion, why most juicing recipes are no good, and much more.
I must admit, Yuri's new book "The All Day Energy Diet" is not the kind of book I would not normally read.
After all, Yuri - despite being an ex-professional soccer player - is bigtime into juicing, cleanses, detoxing - and I guarantee the guy eats far, far less steak than me...
...so I would *almost* classify him as a Whole Foods hippie.
But his book is, frankly, brilliant.
It covers dietary concepts that I haven't ever seen discussed in a book - concepts like:
-adjusting your blood pH with the foods you eat...
-how to test your adrenals without expensive lab tests...
-which foods literally exhaust your digestive enzymes...
-a new thing called the "PRAL" load of specific meals...
-six myths about plant protein
-how to choose the best kinds of coconut oil and butter...
-and much more.
I learned a ton from this book, and Yuri is a fellow athlete, a father, and a very smart dude, so I'm happy to tell you about his new book.
Better yet, if you click here to get the book now, you get the following ten bonuses (easily worth way more than what you pay for the book of course)...
1. The All-Day Energy Diet Community Cookbook ($29 value) Features 67 energizing, gluten/sugar/soy/dairy-free recipes that takel ess than 15 minutes to make from some of the industry's leading experts and a few of our very own customers (including two recipes by yours truly).
2. 8 Energy-Boosting Desserts ($19 value) These yummy and healthy desserts will finally allow you to have your cake and eat it too, without the dangers of sugar, dairy, or gluten.
3. Food Labels Made Easy ($39 value) Chances are you will still have some packaged foods from time to time. This walkthrough video and workbook shows you how to understand those tricky food labels so you don’t get taken for a ride.
4. The All-Day Energy Diet Grocery Guide ($19 value) Get the complete list and quantities of foods you’ll need for The All-Day Energy Diet.
5. The All-Day Energy Diet Kitchen Makeover ($49 value) Watch Yuri show you around the kitchen and see what you should and should not include your “energized” fridge and pantry.
6. The Bodyweight Energy Workout ($29 value) Burn fat and get energized with this simple 20-minute follow-along bodyweight workout with Yuri.
7. Yoga for Energy ($29 value) 15-minute yoga routine to relax and rejuvenate your body.
8. The "Energy Sessions" audio series ($199 value) Features 5 audio interviews with Dr. Alan Christianson (endocrine), Mitchell Stevko (sleep), Ben Greenfield (fitness), Dr. Isaac Jones (cellular health), and Brendan Brazier (alkalinity).
9. 1-Hour "Getting Started" Group Coaching Call With Yuri ($99 value)
10. Lifetime Access To Yuri's Private Facebook "Social Support" Group (priceless)
If you have questions, comments or feedback about the AJust click here to get the All Day Energy Diet with all the bonuses listed above, and leave your thoughts or questions at BenGreenfieldFitness.com!