Dec 27, 2018
Billions of people around the world don't know what or even when
their next meal will be. Because of this uncertainty, they move as
little as possible so as to conserve as much energy as they
Meanwhile, you and I have the luxury of actually
choosing notto eat while food is in abundance. And
then actually burningcalories while we are in a
This podcast is the recording of a talk I gave on the topic of
Fasted Exercise to the Live It to Lead
It conference in Las Vegas, NV this past month.
In this episode, you'll learn...
-How I got introduced to the concept of pre and post-workout
fasting during my years as a body builder...7:05
- Conventional thought at the time:
- Eat a lot right after workout, to get into the "recovery
- Snack and graze
- Explored other options when I got into endurance training
- Discovered "ketosis" in 2013
- Amino acids
- Dominic D'Agostino
-Busting the myth of snacking and pre/post-workout
- Importance of the post-workout meal is vastly decreased if you
haven't been fasting prior to the workout.
- Only benefit from a performance standpoint is if you workout
again within 8 hours.
- After 24 hours, the body naturally replenishes its glycogen
- If you've eaten prior to a workout, you don't need to replenish
aminos, glycogen, etc.
- I bend the rules if I'm working with someone who needs to build
-What fasted exercise actually is...18:05
- Exercising in a state of glycogen depletion
- A light workout in a fasted state is preferable (in the
- For evening workouts, you'll have not eaten since lunch, then
you can eat after working out, but it's not essential to do so
-The 10 benefits of fasted exercise...25:10
- Burning more fat
- Anti-aging effect
- Better brain function
- Increased growth hormone levels
- Improved insulin sensitivity
- Increased testosterone
- Enhanced fat loss
- Better endurance
- More stable gut during exercise
- Hunger management
-Practical ways to do fasted workouts...41:15
- Exercise before breakfast
- Need to include carbs in breakfast? Only if you're going to
workout again within 8 hours.
- Don't eat dinner for an hour or two after late-afternoon or
- Use supplements
- Amino acids
- Ketone salts
-A few cautions...47:10
- Decreased intensity (depending on the scenario)
- Post-workout hyper caloric compensation (stuffing your
And much more!
-Kion Lean Support for normal blood sugar levels
and healthy energy metabolism, even after large, carb-rich
-Organifi The the best green juice out there, in
my opinion, and it tastes pretty dang good too! Use code
"Greenfield" to get 20% off your order.
-Harry's RazorsTry the shaving company that's fixing
shaving. We make it easy to switch, with a trial offer.
-Gainswave The best bedroom biohack for men who
are hunting down A-1 sexual performance. Use my link and get a free
treatment with the purchase of 6 treatments!
Got a question about fasted workouts? Just drop a comment below
and I'll reply ASAP!