Feb 9, 2019
Dr. Josh Axe, DNM, DC, CNS, is a doctor of natural
medicine, chiropractic physician and clinical nutritionist with a
passion to help people get healthy by empowering them to use
nutrition to fuel their health. He operates one of the world’s
largest health websites at DrAxe.com, which has over 17 million
visitors a month looking for healthy recipes, herbal remedies,
nutrition and fitness advice, and information on essential oils and
He is also the co-founder of Ancient Nutrition, which
provides protein powders, holistic supplements, vitamins, essential
oils and more to the modern world. Dr. Axe is an expert in
functional medicine, digestive health and herbal remedies and
founded one of the largest functional medicine clinics in the
world, in Nashville, TN, and served as a physician for many
professional athletes. J
osh just published his brand new book Keto Diet:
Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance Hormones, Boost Brain
Health, and Reverse Disease.
During this episode, we dive into the book, and more,
-The heartwarming story behind how Dr. Axe got into natural
- Mother diagnosed with breast cancer at age 40
- Conventional treatments were not effective
- Antidepressants, thyroid drugs; chronic fatigue
- Ten years later, diagnosed with lung cancer
- Decided to treat it naturally for 6 months; if it doesn't work,
so be it
- Did extensive research; sought validation from doctors
- "Keto meets Gerson therapy"
- Spoken affirmations
- Horseback riding
- After 4 months, cancer was nearly gone
- Article: How My Mother Survived
Stage-4 Breast Cancer
- There's no one size fits all diet, but certain principles can
apply to most people
- Chinese medicine:
- Certain emotions affect particular organs
- Chinese and Ayurveda are some of the oldest forms of
-How Dr. Axe's business partner treated his own cancer
-What Dr. Axe set out to accomplish in writing his
- Go back to Chinese medicine:
- Holy basil
- Hot peppers
- Turmeric Golden Milk
- Clary Sage essential oil - good for balancing estrogen
- Have lots of color in your diet: purple, red, green
-How do you tackle the paradox of a ketogenic, thyroid-friendly
- Do a keto diet for 30-90 days, then move into keto
- Watch carb-intake
- Utilize fasting
- Rice is thyroid-friendly
- "Keto Forever Cycling"
- Intended for more than 90 day Keto dieting
- Carb days, Keto days, alternating
-What does a ketogenic diet look like for a plant-based
-Rapid fire questions...55:10
- What's the difference between bone broth protein powder and
actual bone broth?
- What to make of all the different types of collagen available
at Ancient Nutrition?
- What is "Keto Fire"?
-And much more!
Resources from this episode:
-Ancient Nutrition (use 15% discount
code "BEN" on any order)
-Book: Keto Diet: Your 30-Day Plan to Lose Weight, Balance
Hormones, Boost Brain Health, and Reverse Disease
-How My Mother Survived Stage-4
-The strange connection between your
emotions and your organs
-Book: The Maker's Diet by Jordan Rubin
-Kion: My personal playground.
It scratches my own itch. It's designed to help you live a joyous,
fulfilling and adventurous life! Try the incredible new Berry
Aminos. You'll love it. Use discount code "bgf10" and get 10% off
-Organifi Chocolate Gold: Sleep Better, Live
Better With A Relaxing Cup Of Superfood Cocoa. Use discount code
"greenfield" to save 20% off your order site wide!
-Pura Thrive Keto Balance: Combines
pure ingredients in targeted dosages through a superior delivery
mechanism that is unrivaled by any other supplement on the market
today. Save 15% off your order when you use my link.
-Policy Genius: Handles all the red tape, negotiates
your rate. No agents, just friendly, helpful advice. Find the right
policy in just minutes.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Josh
Axe or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will