Jul 30, 2013
In this premium podcast with Ben
Greenfield, Ben answers the following questions about ketosis,
Ironman training, nutrition and more:
- Do you use bitter melon to help
buffer blood sugar spikes in a effort to continue producing blood
ketones? If yes, how important is the timing of taking the bitter
melon for this and how much do you take each time?
- Have you
had any breaks from ketosis where you carb binge?
- Please let
us know about your experiences with oxaloacetate -- most
importantly about the safety of it and how much (in your opinion)
it boosted your performance.
- I'm doing
your TriathlonDominator.com plan,
and am curious as to how you typically train right now... Are you
still doing predominantly H.I.I.T. with long Z2 efforts sprinkled
- How much
does it cost you a month to eat that way? Carbs are so cheap and
- Is there any advantage to adding hard to find meat
like lamb and bison to my diet?
- What are your thoughts on barefoot/minimalist running? (
thinking performance & injury prevention)
- Do you recommend anything for me in my first 5K? So far I’ve
been working out for the last 2 months, 6 days a week, eating ok, I
do cheat but I just pray I make it to the end.
- What do you think of Ezekiel bread? I haven’t heard much, but I
love bread and people say it is better for you.
- I just read some good protein things with brewer’s yeast? Yay