BGFitness Podcast Sidekick, Brock Skywalker Amstrong, talked to Troy from evolvedNS about supplement manufacturing practices - including:
- His background and how he got involved in the supplement industry.
- The challenges in creating and marketing new supplements.
- How to choose a manufacturing facility and what their involvement is.
- The regulations, laws, certifications.
- How and where to get supplements tested.
- The costs (monetary or otherwise) in getting these tests done.
- What certifications are good ones for a consumer to look for.
- And what to look for in a supplement.
Troy forgot to mention during the interview that you want to ensure your manufacturer is ISO9001 certified and has a Vender Certification Program (VCP) in place to ensure that the raw materials are high quality. Keep that in mind when you're purchasing or developing a multivitamin.