Sep 29, 2018
“How can I optimize my health and longevity?”
“How can I live a long time and feel good doing
“What supplements should I take for peak
“What should my ideal diet look like?”
Honestly, without any data about your blood and
biomarkers, you have no idea.
This is because unless you know what your blood looks like under
a microscope, there is no way for you to identify with 100%
confidence what steps you should take to eat the right diet, to
take the right supplements, to protect your health, to enhance your
well-being, to perform at peak capacity, and perhaps most
importantly, to live as long as possible with as high a quality of
life as possible.
Enter blood testing.
Blood testing is the most important step you can take to
identify and prevent life-threatening diseases before they happen
to you. With your blood test results in hand, you can catch
critical issues in your body before they manifest as heart disease,
cancer, diabetes, or worse. Knowledge of exactly what is going on
inside your body empowers you to implement a science-based
disease-prevention program that can literally add decades of
healthy years to your life. And if your goal is to not only stop
disease, but to also perform at your peak physical and cognitive
capacity, blood testing is absolutely crucial for identifying which
diet, which supplements and which lifestyle steps you should take
to optimize your specific and unique health parameters.
But sadly, most annual medical check-ups that the average
physician orders are simply routine, old-school blood tests that
don't even test for the most important markers of disease risk, and
that are simply designed to make sure you're “not dying”. They
aren't designed to optimize longevity or to ensure your body is
completely primed to perform at peak capacity.
What most people don't realize is that you can skip your
physician and simply manage the entire process for getting your
blood work done yourself. And if you want to test absolutely every
little thing that affects your organs, your energy, your hormones,
your health and your longevity, then you've found the ultimate
I worked closely with WellnessFX, America's top laboratory for
concierge blood testing and online access to all your blood testing
results, to develop the Longevity Blood Testing Panel For
Men and Longevity Blood Testing Panel For
Women, which is the most complete blood testing package for men
that money can buy.
This is by far the most comprehensive blood testing package I
recommend and is designed for the high performer, biohacker or
anti-aging enthusiast who wants access to the same type of
executive health panel and screening that would normally cost tens
of thousands of dollars at a longevity institute.
The panel I discuss in today's podcast dives deep into overall
metabolic functioning for optimal long-term health and longevity,
and includes thyroid function, stress response, blood glucose
regulation, sex hormone balance, heavy metals, inflammation, organs
of detoxification (liver, kidneys, gallbladder, and lungs),
proteins, electrolytes, blood oxygen and nutrient delivery, immune
system status, vitamin D status and much, much more, including:
- 25-Hydroxy-Vitamin D
- Apolipoprotein A-1
- Apolipoprotein B
- Blood Lead
- Blood Mercury
- Cardio IQ Lipoprotein Fractionation
- Ion Mobility
- Complete Blood Count w/ differential
- Complete Metabolic Panel
- Dehydroepiandrosterone Sulfate
- Ferritin, serum
- Free Fatty Acids
- Hemoglobin A1c
- High-sensitivity C-reactive protein
- IGF-1 (Growth hormone surrogate)
- Iron, TIBC
- Lipid Panel
- Lipoprotein (a)
- Luteinizing Hormone
- Omega 3 Fatty Acids
- RBC Magnesium
- Reverse T-3
- SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin)
- T-3 Total
- T-3 Uptake
- T-4 (Thyroxine)
- T-3 Free
- T-4 Free
- Testosterone + Free Testosterone
- Thyroglobulin Antibodies
- Thyroid Peroxidase AB
- Uric Acid
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin B12
As you can see, I've held nothing back and covered all bases
with this customized blood panel. You will not find a test this
comprehensive anywhere else, guaranteed. From identifying disease
to optimizing longevity and anti-aging to maximizing performance,
this test gives you absolutely everything you need. During
this podcast, in which I cover my own results from my recent
longevity panel, you'll discover:
- My own process of testing my blood.
- I had 19 tubes of blood drawn; you typically have 3-5 tubes
drawn in a blood test.
- My motivation: What if you want the same type of blood test
that would be tens of thousands of dollars at a longevity
- I wanted to advise myself with more precision than typical
blood tests such as TSH.
- I designed a package with Wellness FX, for men and
- I do this on a quarterly basis; although once a year (or
once per life) is sufficient for most people.
- First thing you see on the report: cardiovascular
- Basic lipid panel.
- Risk factors: Red (high caution); orange (pay attention);
green (good to go).
- A lot of red doesn't necessarily mean a bad thing; all
green doesn't necessarily mean all good either.
- My total cholesterol is red: 267.
- High cholesterol isn't a risk factor; it's when it becomes
- My HDL levels are through the roof: 151.
- High level of HDL could mean your body is carrying a lot of
metabolites to the liver due to constant inflammation.
- I tested all my inflammations, all very low.
- Question to ask: are you a lean mass hyper responder?
- Could have a higher LDLP particle count.
- High HDL, inflammation is low, not of concern.
- High cholesterol and high inflammation, be
- Below lipid panel you'll see LDL particles.
- I use the Thorne multivitamin.
- The chlorogenic acid you find in artichoke extract is
efficacious in lowering APOB
- My peak LDL size has been climbing; ideally I want it above
- My LDL particle count is actually low.
- Small low density lipoprotein low compared to peak LDL
- Overall I'm happy with my results. Look for increase in the
size of my LDL particles.
“How can I live a long time and feel good doing
- Free fatty acids associated with diabetes and heart
- Omega Index: two different fatty acids in your red blood
- Arachidonic acid levels are normal; I feel like I could
step up my Omega 6 fatty acid intake. (Sprinkle hemp seeds on your
- Metabolic health:
- Risk factors for diabetes and insulin resistance. You want
your insulin levels relatively low.
- Wellness FX will give suggestions on how to lower insulin
- My blood glucose level wasn't concerning, but a bit higher
- Homa IR score: Takes both glucose and insulin levels into
account. A ratio of glucose vs. insulin.
- Thyroid health:
- You typically see only TSH. Mine has much more...
- My antibodies to thyroid are very low.
- Reverse T3 is very low; not concerned about
- Free thyroxin index is normal.
- Thyroid peroxidase is a target of antibodies.
- I have low T3, T4, both total and free.
- My natural weight is 190-195; my actual weight is 175. I
rarely eat until I'm full.
- Metabolic hormones:
- IGF is a bit low; I'll take colostrum for this.
- It's at 24; I want it between 2-20.
- If it's elevated on one snapshot, consider testing
- Cortisol metabolites.
- Dutch test for hormones. (link needed)
- Liver and Kidneys:
- High levels of creatinine; if you exercise prior to a lab
test, the creatinine will be elevated.
- Blood urea nitrogen elevated. Forms when proteins break
down. Elevates when people are a) dehydrated or b) exercised the
day prior to the test.
- My liver values are of concern. ALT when elevated mildly
not of concern; mine have raised each of the last 3
- Foods that are good for the liver.
- “What supplements should I take for peak performance?”
- Milk thistle
- Holy basil
- Dandelion root
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease. I may fall into this
- Metabolism Reset Diet by Dr. Allen Christianson (link
- Something I do to sleep on int'l flights: an edible of
marijuana. Metabolized by the liver; could have contributed to my
- Looking at Co2 and chloride levels.
- My Co2 has dropped.
- Bone health:
- More Vitamin D is not better; Above 80 you have increased
risk of mortality.
- If calcium is abnormal, can be caused by abnormal
- The blood:
- You have two components of your blood: cellular (red,
white, platelets) and liquid (plasma).
- My mean platelet volume is okay.
- My white blood cell count looks great. Either too little or
too much can lead to mortality.
- Red blood cells: Look great. I spend time in the sauna
which is great for blood production.
- My iron levels are fine.
- An extra steak or two per week wouldn't kill me.
- Floradix (link)
- Vitamins and minerals:
- Folic acid is essential for DNA synthesis.
- When folate is high, it could mean using a lousy
- Vitamin B12 is required for proper nerve function; mine is
through the roof.
- Vitamin A is in perfect amount.
- Red blood cell magnesium the most precise way to measure
magnesium in cells.
- Copper needed in trace amounts.
- Zinc important for nails, DNA synthesis, chronic disease
management; too much causes bad breath, excessive sweating. Black
ant extract is great for zinc.
Resources from this episode:
title="Ben Greenfield Lab Results – WellnessFX"]
-Longevity Blood Testing Panel For
-Longevity Blood Testing Panel For
-Click here for a 20 to 60-minute consulting
session with Ben to review your own results
-The Ultimate Guide To
Self-Quantification – How To Test, Track & Interpret Blood,
Saliva, Urine, Hair & Poop.
-RebelDesk standing desk
-Focal Upright Mogo Stool
-Are You A Lean Mass
-Almsbio Glutathione with Q10
-DUTCH Test for Hormones
-Top testosterone hacks
-LiveO2 exercise advice
-Black Ant Extract
-Swiss Healing Retreat - Detox with Ben
-Radical Metabolism by Anne Louise Gittleman
-The Metabolism Reset Diet by Alan Christianson
Supplements are the foundation of total human
optimization. I highly recommend their toothpaste! Use my link and
get 10% off your order.
Serum Give the middle finger to aging. Use Kion Serum anywhere
you’d like more vibrant, youthful skin and hair.
-Aaptiv It’s like having a
personal trainer in your pocket. Inspiring music, inspiring
trainers guiding your through your workout. Use my link and
get 30% off a new membership.
-Jet Pack Reclaim your
inner-warrior. Have more energy. Boost your libido. Jet
Pack is like a cup of coffee for your crotch. Enter code “ben”
and get yourself 15% off your order at checkout.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for me about
these lab results? Leave your comments below and I'll reply