Dec 15, 2018
The "Billion Dollar Meal"...
Take a look at the ingredients of just one of the
culinary delights designed by my guest on today's
Young Thai Coconut Meat
Spinach Raw Cashew Butter Goat Colostrum Chlorophyll Whole Leaf
Aloe Buffered Vitamin C Crystals Collagen Vitamineral Greens Silica
Grass-Fed Whey Protein Isolate E3-Live (Brain-On) MCT Oil Four
Sigmatic 10 Mushroom Blend (Reishi, Chaga, Cordyceps, Enokitake,
Maitake, Shiitake, Lion's Mane, Tremella, Agaricus Blazei, and
Meshima) Rice Bran Solubles Hemp Milk
From the Billion Dollar Meal above, to the Million Dollar
Smoothie, to my son's favorite - "The Dragon Bowl" - and beyond,
Khalil Rafati features an amazing assortment of superfood creations
at his "Sun Life Organics" juice and smoothie bar spread
across California. But Khalil hasn't always been a health freak who
creates very expensive smoothies.
He went to Los Angeles in the 1990s and had it all. He was
working with Hollywood movie stars and legendary rock musicians.
But it wasn't long before he found his way into the sordid
underbelly of the City of Angels. At 33, Khalil hit rock bottom. He
was addicted to heroin and cocaine, overtaken by paranoia and
psychosis, and written off by his friends and family.
He was 109 pounds, a convicted felon, high school dropout, and
homeless junkie living on the infamous Skid Row in downtown L.A. So
how does someone with nothing, who feels like they deserve nothing,
and who just wants to end it all turn their life around?
What's the best way out of a hole? Quit digging.
Khalil's book "I Forgot to Die" is an incredible true story of
pain, suffering, addiction and redemption. How one man ultimately
conquered his inner demons and wrote a new life story. Today,
Khalil is the owner of Malibu Beach Yoga and SunLife Organics, a
rapidly growing chain of popular juice and smoothie bars in
California. He also founded Riviera Recovery, which is a
transitional living facility for drug addicts and alcoholics.
Among the many things Khalil and I talked
-How to guarantee a celebrity won't want you around
- In most cases, Khalil's travel lifestyle is very upscale; he is
hired for his culinary expertise.
- "You don't need to be special; you just need to be
- If you want to guarantee a celebrity will never be friends with
you, ask for a selfie.
- They just want to be normal.
- Oftentimes isolated from the rest of the world.
- People are enamored with Khalil's transparent approach to
telling his story.
-The story behind the "Billion Dollar Meal" and the "Million
- Khalil is a devoted Ben Greenfield disciple
- Most recipes at Sunlife Organics are Khalil's
- The recipes were just what he was eating, and people asked him
what he was eating.
- Smoothie is vegan
- Eat for purpose, versus for pleasure
- Has become the best version of himself
-How I treated a problematic erection with fermented beet
-The story behind (or that led to) Khalil's book, "I Forgot to
- Rough childhood
- Abuse, neglect
- Acted out; shame; desperate for attention
- Arrested several times as a teenager; major legal trouble by
- Drove to CA with $800 to his name.
- Drove to CA with $800 to his name
- Started detailing biz; net several A-list celebrities as
- Began dealing drugs
- Quickly lost everything; lived under a bridge; self-induced
- 33 years old, bottomed out.
- Charity: Failed musician's assistance program
- Did menial jobs; saved funds
- Invested in precious metals
- Opened Riviera Recovery (when gold maxed in price)
- Opened Sunlife Organics, capital provided by Rick Solomon
-Why Khalil's menu is a good value, in spite of the high
- Extraordinary quality of ingredients
- Khalil can buy in bulk; can't buy on your own for less at a
- Coco Yo coconut milk yogurt (link needed)
-Does money buy happiness?...45:15
- Enables freedom
- Enables purchases that bring happiness (like $35
- $50,000 out of pocket costs for the book
- Attracts a desirable mate
- "I lived without money for decades and it sucked."
- Tells kids, "Being wealthy, giving, being a person of influence
is a better high than shooting crack."
-Ben and Khalil's thoughts on modern methods (NAD, ketamine) of
-And MUCH more...
Resources from this episode:
-Book: I Forgot To Die
-Khalil's Instagram page
-The fermented beet juice Ben
-The erection peptide Ben mentioned called
-The Gainswave treatment for acoustic sound wave
-Four Sigmatic Mushrooms
-The coconut yogurt podcast
-What Tucker Max did with MDMA
-The holotropic breathwork audio course by The Renegade
Pharmacist Ben mentions
-The Clearlight infrared sauna that Ben and Khalil use
-Peak Brain Institute
-Kion Come check out the fabulous Christmas specials
we're running starting Dec. 13, the day this podcast
is released. I recommend the Daily Life Bundle, which is what I use everyday as
part of my routine.
-MVMT Watches Looking for the perfect holiday
gift? What about a classy, chic watch? Get 15% off your MVMT watch,
with free shipping and free returns.
-Birdwell Beach Britches Unbreakable clothing. Don't
need board shorts in the winter? Check out their fashionable winter
garb. Get 10% off your order when you use discount code "ben".
-Omax Omega-3 Ultra Pure High potency, 93.9%
pure omega-3 supports heart, joints, muscles & mind. Get
60% off a one month supply when you use my link.
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Khalil
or me? Leave your comments
at http://bengreenfieldfitness.com/iforgottodie and one of us