Jan 20, 2020
Keith Norris, who first appeared on the podcast Why Strong People Are
Harder To Kill (And How To Get Strong), is one of those
few lucky souls who has been able to completely transition out of
corporate America and dive headlong into his passion for bettering
lives by teaching the art and science of physical culture. He not
only “walks the walk” on a day-to-day basis, but his economic
well-being hinges on his precepts of “proper exercise, stellar diet
and lifestyle, and intelligent “hacks” and supplementation” forming
the bedrock foundation for a long, healthy and prosperous
The very essence of Paleo f(x)™ is rooted in the
idea of putting theory to practice; an idea that Keith is heavily
invested in, having been blogging about these issues since early
2007. And his “30-thousand-foot view” for the Paleo f(x)™
enterprise serves as the movement’s guiding, north star.
And with a belief that intelligent “hacks” can help bridge the
gap between our elegant evolutionary programming and sub-par
environmental surroundings, Keith is continually ferreting out and
backing the most promising of technological enhancements. As a
founding partner of ID Life, Keith is helping to usher-in 21st
century, optimal supplement dosing.
It might be said that Keith lives by the credo written by the
Greek poet and soldier, Archilochus, over 2,600 years ago – “We do
not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of
our training”. And his vision for Paleo f(x)™ is that of a
battle-tested warrior, preserving the right of everyone to fully,
actively and enthusiastically engage in the human experience.
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-Keith's experiences at Burning Man...
- "Like a completely different world once your plane lands in
- Incredible works of art, all of which are burned to the ground
- Reflective of life: everything is temporal
-What to expect at the upcoming Paleo FX...
- The theme is "Nurture Destiny"
- Same overall concept as the past, but an elevated vibe
- You don't want to miss the charity party
- Guest speakers include: Ben Greenfield, Danny Vitalis, Chris
Kresser, Stephen Gundry and many more
-How Keith got into the world of Health and Fitness...
- Played high school football in Texas
- Blew out leg at Texas State U.; recovered fully, but lost speed
- Studies in college led to athletic psychology
- Served 9 years in the military, ended up working in Big
- Became disillusioned w/ his life
- Became an entrepreneur in the midst of the 2008 recession
- Eventually founded Paleo FX to form community among Paleo
-Keith's training and diet routines...
- High-Intensity Interval Resistance Training is the focal point
- 6 days a week
- Warming up is a waste of time
- Constantly changing movement patterns
- Cardio vascular training occurs rarely
- Want the highest ROI possible
- Mediterranean/Keto diet
- Traditional Mediterranean diet
- Low in saturated fat
- Genetically predisposed to dementia and Alzheimers
- Test before you adopt a particular diet
- Recovery tactics:
- Sleep is the most important thing in the world
- Blue blockers
- Minimize screen time
- Use natural means of recovery over man-made biohacks
- PP 141 (the boner drug)
- Epitalon (glycine benefits)
- Cerebrolisin (longevity for the brain)
- BPC 157 (speeds recovery)
- TD 500
-Plant medicine and/or psychedelic protocols...
- 70+ Ayahuasca ceremonies
- Huachuma (San Pedro)
- Gray area in the U.S. (keep participation w/in the states on
-How to learn more about Keith's workout and diet
-And much more...
Resources from this episode:
- PALEOFX April 24-26, 2020
(save 44% with the $99 Expo Pass Promo)
-Keith's "Theory To Practice" Facebook
-Danny Vitalis podcast w/
-Westside Barbell website
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Keith
or me? Leave your comments below and one of us will