Oct 20, 2018
My bio on Todd White is extremely short.
Fanatical biohacker. Wears the same uniform every day.
Starts every morning with 40 minutes of meditation. Eats one meal a
day. Drinks a bottle of wine each night.
And that's it.
But this guy runs incredibly deep and in today's podcast, filmed
after I did a meditation session with the entire team at Todd's
Dry Farm Wines office in Napa Valley, we have a rich and
meaningful conversation about meditation, manifestation, gratitude,
fasting, and, of course, everything you need to know about organic
During our discussion, you'll discover:
-The morning ritual that Todd and his team do together
- They start work at 10 am to allow team members to "protect
- "Circle of love." Usually lasts 60-90 minutes.
- Breath work
- Gratefulness therapy
- It's not a day of work; it's a day of creating.
- Todd sees himself in the "health" business, in addition to the
- The warehouse workers are the most poignant example of the
efficacy of this practice.
- Warehouse workers are typically treated as objects by
- Todd sees them as the center of love, energy and
- It causes them to want to contribute and create.
-The stringent hiring practices Todd uses to ensure the right
people are hired...12:54
- BTW, Dry Farm Wines is hiring! dryfarmwines.com/jobs
- The job descriptions include
everything about the company, including the "Peace and Profit
- First rule: "We lead with love."
- Life, not business, questions; essay format.
- Designed to be self-selecting; they want people to "opt out" if
they don't see themselves as a good fit.
-Some of the unconventional work practices that Dry Farm Wines
uses to balance life and work....17:08
- Happiness is an internal mechanism of joy.
- Todd sees one of his role as a mentor and guide to his
- The actual time of production or creation is around 6
- Very rare "emails to all"; no "reply all" at all.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- They don't sell any domestic wines; all grapes are from small
organic farms in Europe.
- Sharing the culture of the company is as important as promoting
the actual product at events, trade shows, etc.
- Communal meals; great parties.
-The process by which Todd came to create a company with such a
- Became an entrepreneur at the age of 17.
- Experienced a "grand failure" before founding DFW.
- Senior health care; 40+ employees.
- Good concept, but was in it for the wrong reasons.
- The things we say "no" to are more important the things we say
- Led to discovering meditation.
- Developed a set of 18 business rules; from that became
- In constant ketosis due to a daily 22 hour fast.
- You see a difference between grapes grown on a small family
farm and organic grapes at a market.
-Todd's tips for eating once per day...36:12
- It's more psychological than based on physical needs.
- Helps to be in ketosis.
- Adds a lot of time to the day for work.
- Reduces decision fatigue.
- It's important to be around likeminded people; creates
-Todd's definition of "biohacking" and how he applies it to his
- "The art and science of how our behavior influences our
biological and neurological outcome."
- Proverb: "To feel is to understand"
- You can feel when someone is beneficial for your body.
- Meditation is a practice, and has an aggregate benefit over
- Began meditating twice daily.
- Minimum of 20 minutes.
- Todd attributes the success of his business to meditation.
- Meditation allows us to quiet the mind.
- We live in traumatic thought.
- 95% of thoughts we have are thoughts we had yesterday.
- Teaches us to live in the present moment; stop the trauma of
- Attachment leads to suffering.
- Meditation teaches us to look past the attachment to thoughts
which block the abundance we were granted at our birth.
- It's impossible to be grateful and fearful at the same
- Before we can do, we must be.
-Thoughts on The Master Key by Charles
- We're all manifesting. The question is: what are you
manifesting, and are you using the tools to manifest in the correct
- Also recommended: The Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle.
- Doesn't offer a "prescription": It offers an
- Was initially offered as a weekly correspondence course
delivered via mail in 1912.
- Words become forms, which become vibrations. (self-fulfilling
-Why Todd started Dry Farm Wines, and what he has learned about
wine since then...1:01:15
- Needed a better, healthier way to drink. (DFW is low
- Couldn't drink alcohol after becoming ketotic.
- Discovered "natural wines" by accident.
- Around .1% of all wine makers are natural wine makers.
- Wines are grown, not made.
- DFW wines are sugar free.
- Fermented with wild, native yeast. Most wines are fermented
with GMO yeast.
- "Organic" wine does not mean "natural" or "clean." It simply
means that the grapes are grown organically.
- In the U.S. the FDA approves 76 additives for wine. (Here's a list of the 76
- Natural wines are additive free; no modification in the
- The dangers of alcohol.
- Dangerous neurotoxin; must be dealt with with care.
- Healthy in small doses (2 glasses per day); toxic in large
- Natural wine is "alive". It's like drinking from someone's
heart and soul.
- "They haven't been killed with sulfur dioxide." --David
- Irrigation practices.
- An irrigated grape vine has a root ball 2-3' deep and 2-3'
- Unirrigated grape vine can go 50-60' deep.
- Resistance is key to the advancement of life.
- The vine is struggling for its life; brings character to the
- Irrigated vines produce "lazy" fruit.
- You irrigate for greed.
- Has a higher yield.
- Weighs more with more water; sold by the ton.
Resources from this episode:
-Click here to get a bottle of Dry Farm Wines for a
-The Dry Farm Wines job posting
-The Master Key System by Charles Haanel -The Power Of Now
-The Fresh Pressed Olive Oil club Ben is a member of
-Get 10% off all Thorne products at my supplement website,
-Goshas Organics. ODNOVA, polish for renewal,
revitalize and rejuvenate, is a unique blend of raw honey and
botanicals, which air the body in organically reaching a balanced
state. Get 10% off your order when you use discount code
-Organifi I use Organifi Gold
for the perfect golden milk before I go to bed. Use discount code
"greenfield" and get 20% off your entire order!
-Zip Recruiter Need quality candidates fast? Zip
Recruiter is the smartest way to hire. Use my link and try it out
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Todd or
me? Leave your comments
at http://bengreenfieldfitness.com/dryfarms and one of us will