Dec 20, 2018
Four months ago, my wife and I went through the most
transformational process we have ever embarked upon.
It was called Lifebook
Although you can now go through the entire Lifebook process
online, no matter where you live in the world, we did ours in
Estonia - jam-packed into a room with over 20 other individuals
who, like us, wanted to get ultimate clarity, direction and purpose
for each aspect of their lives. I think of my Lifebook as me, in a
In other words, if I were to, God forbid, get hit by
a bus tomorrow, someone would be able to hand my children my
Lifebook and say, "Here. Here is your Dad, in a book. This is
everything he stands for, believes in and values, and everything he
would have wanted to teach to you about life.
My Lifebook now holds a precious place in the mantle above the
fireplace in our home, and has also been integrated into our family
trust. As you can imagine, I'm very proud and excited of this
discovery, and I wanted to get the inventor of the Lifebook on the
podcast: Jon Butcher - who Chicago Magazine dubbed as "the guy
with the most perfect life".
Along with his wonderful wife Missy, Jon is a serial
entrepreneur and the creators of Lifebook, an extraordinary system
that has helped thousands transform their lives from ordinary to a
living masterpiece. Jon and Missy have learned how to defy aging,
experience long-lasting love, redefine education and build the
perfect living environment (trust me, I've been to their home and
it is a complete dream house).
Drawing from deeply personal experiences, Jon and Missy, along
with their partner, Joe Polish, also founded the Artists For
Addicts project. Its mission is to change the global conversation
surrounding addiction from one of judgment to one of
During our discussion, you'll learn...
-Why Jon and his wife Missy are moving to Hawaii after 30
years living in Chicago...8:25
- Consistent with the purpose of the Lifebook: To find
clarity in your "life vision".
- Hawaii has always been a special place for Jon and Missy,
even after visiting nearly 100 countries.
- More leisure, less activity in day to day life.
-About Jon's unique philosophy on raising his
- "Respectful disregard" for the status quo.
- Look at options, make a decision independent of what others
- Underwent a "vision quest" recently with his family.
- Historical examples of boys becoming men via a rite of
- Underwent Vision Quest with a Shaman in France.
- Targeted specifically to Jon's 14 year old son, family did
it in support
- The son learned the hard way to remember to pack all your
- Was a profound experience for Jon personally and especially
for his son.
- The Earth can heal you.
- Modern kids don't learn to deal with real
- Check out my recent podcast on
Vision Quest's with Tim Corcoran
-The story of how Lifebook came to be...27:40
- Living fast and furious in his 20's; caught up with him in
- Two panic attacks
- Agoraphobia, nervous breakdown
- Jon's dad ordered two self-development programs: Attacking
Anxiety; Personal Power 2
- 8 year process of healing
- Jon kept notes from all his self-development programs in a
binder: Breakthroughs, Goals, etc.
- Eventually focused on 12 categories to create an
- Evolved over a period of 15 years; never showed it to
- Introduced it to a health and fitness group; others
expressed interest in creating one
- Astounding results
- Jon and Missy knew they had something special on their
- Didn't want to share; But it was something they couldn't
-The 12 areas the Lifebook optimizes and why Jon chose
- Health and fitness
- Intellectual life
- Emotional life
- Personal Character
- Spiritual life
- Love and romance
- Parenting (yours and your own parents)
- Social life - friends and extended family
- Quality of Life
- Overall Life Vision
-The overall strategy by which you accomplish your Lifebook
- Four steps to each category
- Four questions for each category:
- What do I believe about...?
- What do I want in the realm of...?
- Why do I want...?
- What do I need to get...?
- The primary motivation for each category will probably
change, i.e. health and fitness vs. money
-Ben reveals his weakest category in the Lifebook process and
how his overall life purpose helped strengthen it...53:12
-How to undertake the Lifebook experience online for a fraction
of the cost of an in-person event...1:03:00
- You can do it for free. The catch: You need to finish the
- Pay a $500 deposit. If you finish, you get it back or apply
to another program.
-And much more!
Resources from this episode:
-Click here to sign up for Lifebook
Purpose Mountain podcast on Vision Quests with Tim Corcoran
-Manex Ibar, the shaman who did Jon and his son's Vision
-Kion Check out our steep
discounts on product bundles (like the Daily Life Bundle). They make terrific
-GAINSWave The bedroom biohack for guys looking to
enhance their sex life like gang busters. Use my link and learn how
to earn a free treatment!
-Thrive Market Your Favorite Organic Foods and
Products...Up to 50% Off...Delivered to Your Door. Get an extra 25%
off your order when you order through my
-Omax 3 The purest Omega 3 supplement that exists on
the market. Get 60% off your first month's supply, plus free
shipping and a 60 day money back guarantee!
Do you have questions, thoughts or feedback for Jon or
me? Leave your comments below and one of us will